Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jelly Fish Under the Sea Celebration Wreath

I love jellyfish--their shimmering colors of iridescence, their many legs, their flowing translucent skin...when I found this adorable art doll jellyfish central ornament, I felt the deep sea calling my name! I wanted to create the fluid movement of deep ocean waters, and so I collaborated with Abella at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JAHtsemer to craft a hand dyed and hand spun Under the Sea Yarn with coordinating bat of lovely fibers in aqua, blue, green, purple and hints of coral--including merino, silk, cashmere, bamboo, banana fiber, and milk fiber. On a 12 inch grapevine wreath base, I interwove the lovely free form fiber batts with the matching yarn to create these lovely ripple like rolls throughout the wreath--you'll never again see anything like this!





Just listed in my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment